So, I just finished watching the Royal Wedding start to finish from 9-2. I wish I was there, as a guest I mean. I just want to speak to them and congratulate them, they looked so sweet together. I would just like to point out that I loved the dress and lace will suddenly come back into fashion.
This post was supposed to be about Pride and Prejudice but I just thought I would mention the Royal Wedding as it is kind of related. Over the Easter holidays I finished Pride and Prejudice a book I now FORCE you to read. It is the most beautiful story of love and happiness (i love cheese) and shows what life back in those times really was like. And, if you are one for a scandal, Pride and Prejudice has one for you as well.
I was then encouraged to watch the 6 hour series with Colin Firth playing Mr Darcy and just as I couldn't stop reading : I couldn't stop watching. It was lovely but I would advise those wanting to both read and watch to read first as I pictured the characters quite differently to how they were portrayed in the film and I would not want that to change your view of the book.
So, to conclude : I am a total romantic. Anything that includes a love story (note that it has to have a happily ever after) I love, it's true. If anyone has recently read/watched any love stories I would love you to recommend them (if they are good) as I am searching for another one. I know that someday we will all find a Mr Darcy and I urge everyone not to give up hope and to never give in, as did Charlotte Lucas.
Lehcar xx
Maybe Charlotte Lucas' Darcy was Collins because that's all she wanted in a man, wasn't it? She's happy, so she didn't really give up I don't think. She just had different expectations and standards :)
ReplyDeletei still have not finished reading the book. the last time i read it was in the atrium with you and Rachel. I know, kill me.
Cyber murder...
ReplyDeletepost. more. REGULARLY. eurgghhhh or i will not stalk you any longerrr!
ReplyDeletefrom your mysterious stalker xx
HAHAHAHAHAHAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
bye bye :)
BY THE WAY! I found thingy with a surname beginning with m on facebook :D
ahahahahahh!
I don't believe in that any more but WELL DONE.
ReplyDelete