Monday, 10 October 2011

My new idea.

So i keep telling people to do a narrative blog but I thought I could take my own advice. This was written really quickly but each story would come in instalments each week/month etc. Here is a rough start:


MISSION REPORT – 29TH SEPTEMBER
Why me? Out of everyone they could have chosen why me? I, Juliette Grove am soon to become the youngest head of covert operations EVER!!! I was all ready, my boxes were packed I was just waiting for the phone call. The phone rings, I have my keys in my hand just waiting for him to say the words “Miss Grove, it’s time for you to move into your new office” and what does he say? “Miss Grove, we want you to train a new recruit in from America”??? The opposite of what I wanted!!!!! Now I will have to train some stuck up newbie who thinks he knows everything while Brian sucks up to our boss trying to get the job I DESERVE. This CANNOT happen. I was BORN for that role and no trainee will stop me.

I can hear my shoes as they step along the marble floor. That’s not a good sign! Am I nervous? I keep trying to piece together why they would ask me, the best they have, to do training work…. They’re testing me! Why didn’t I see it before? I expect Brian is going through the same procedure. Soon they will see which one of us is better. I will be the bigger person, step into this role that is clearly below my standards and embrace the non-existent challenge. Then they will see that I am ten times better than Brian. The door is only ten metres away now and I reach into my pocket to find my ID card. ‘Juliette Grove’ it reads: ‘Covert Operations, 16 years of age, Access B’. I wipe the card against the scanner enter my passkey into the door and move forward. To be honest I’m not sure why security is so strict on your way out of the building. Do they really care who goes out? But I guess they do. Maybe even more than those that come in. I don’t let that thought faze me and move through the next set of doors (a fingerprint and iris scanner) and pass through. Now I enter the main lobby as massive room with hardly anything in it: a desk in the centre, a pair of grubby glass doors and a wooden bench at one end. The ceiling is huge and domed, like one on a chapel. It is the only part of the room that doesn’t say ordinary: but that’s a bad thing. Being ordinary means being extraordinary in my world. The more you blend in the better. So, today I am wearing a plain black skirt with a white blouse and black cardigan. Totally normal. I walk out of the glass doors and head towards my destination. In my head I scroll through the files I was given yesterday. They included photographs, background reports and personality breakdowns. I know exactly who I am looking for and, if I look carefully enough I can probably work out what he had for breakfast this morning. As I walk I can see his face in my head and I scan the crowd even though I know that he’s not here. He should be at the coffee shop around the corner, our rendezvous. Then I will go through the basics of the life he is entering into etc. and finally I will show him round our ‘office block’ although really it is more like a labyrinth of titanium supported, underground chambers. As always my hairpin is picking up waves from all around me. That just shows how common lying is in the world. This is a precaution but, he’s been through enough testing that I think I can safely say that he is not an enemy/terrorist. So really the lie detector isn’t needed. But I take it everywhere anyway. Also, my watch has a built in GPS showing me the direction to the coffee shop, like I don’t know where it is! I turn around the corner and see his face in the window. I’ve studied the files for long enough to recognise his face anywhere but somehow, I think I would have noticed him anyway…

If you got to the end i commend you. Wow, that was long. I was only writing for 10-20mins! I know it is dreadful but i will get better... Please comment if you think you would read on/want another post on this or another story.  

P.S. Ami do you know where my inspiration comes from....????

Lehcar xx

4 comments:

  1. OOOOOH. Is this just like, random creative writing?

    ReplyDelete
  2. And, Stolen is by Lucy Christopher.
    Weren't Shiver and Linger the most TERRIBLE BOOKS YOU HAVE EVER READ THAT EVER EXIST IN THE HISTORY OF MAN KIND?!?!?!?! After Evermore series thing by Alyson Noel of course.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yup random creative writing and yes, they weren't that great although i did like the first one. Tha
    nks.

    ReplyDelete
  4. im guessing Gallagher Girls from the Covert Operations, 16 years bit :)
    nice one

    ReplyDelete